Comparison of Various Treatment Modalities of Iron Deficiency Anemia in Pregnancy
Citation Information :
CC BY-ND 3.0
Copyright © 2017; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Nanjundan P. Comparison of Various Treatment Modalities of Iron Deficiency Anemia in Pregnancy. World J Anemia 2017;1(1):23-26.
- WHO the global prevalence of anemia in 2011. Geneva: World Health Organisation; 2015.
- Hemoglobin concentrations for the diagnosis of anemia and assessment of severity. WHO; 2011.
- Comparative quantification of health risks. Geneva: WHO; 2004.
- National Institute of Nutrition. ICMR; 2009.
- Ascorbic acid prevents the dose-dependent inhibitory effects of polyphenols and phytates on nonheme-iron absorption. Am J Clin Nutr 1991 Feb;53(2):537-541.
- Double fortified salt: an effective measure to control micronutrient deficiencies in Indian pregnant women. Int J Community Med Public Health 2016;3:679-686.
- Influence of meals on iron absorption in oral iron therapy. Acta Med Scand (Suppl) 1962;376:39-45.
- Iron absorption from ferrous bisglycinate and ferric trisglycinate in whole maize is regulated by iron status. Am J Clin Nutr 2000 Jun;71(6):1563-1569.
- Vitamin C supplementation in pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2015 Sep 29;(9):CD004072.
- Ferric carboxymaltose vs. oral iron in the treatment of pregnant women with iron deficiency anemia: an international, open-label, randomized controlled trial (FER-ASAP). J Perinat Med 2016 Jun 8:pii.
- Green Top Guideline No. 47. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists; May 2015.